This delicious salad can be made as a starter, or for use in a lunch. I made a simple starter for three of us, and just placed the salmon, chilli and avocado salad in a small pot for serving.
Aditional sides; you could have some bread to go with it, either normal or gluten free, you could add all of it on top of salad leaves, for a light lunch or dinner, or my favourite it could accompany some rice.
- 2 smoked salmon
- 1 tbsp Sweet chilli sauce. (I used blue dragon, which is gf, but may contain sesame seeds and nuts) if you want a bit of a kick, you can exchange the sauce to a chilli sauce, but beware add a smaller amount and taste as you go.
- 1 tbsp/tablespoon (the big one) of mayonaise. Gf, but check the label.
- A squirt of tomato sauce. Gf versions are available.
- 1 Avacado.
How to make it…
- Take the skin off the salmon and flake into the bowl. The salmon is made up of many small flakes, so when you break it upit will naturally split into these flakes.
- Put the mayo, tomato sauce and chilli sauce into the bowl with the salmon.
- With a sharp knife, cut the avocado in half, around the big seed. Use a spoon to scoop out the seed. Then using your fingers or thumbs you can peel away the skin by pushing them inbetween the flesh and the skin.
- Place the avacado flat edge down and chop into small thin chunks, place into the bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients gently and serve.